Concerta medication. Concerta 54 mg pill is a highly effective treatment for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It combines two forms of stimulant medication, Dexedrine and Dexmethylphenidate. It’s been prescribed to millions of people who suffer from one or more symptoms of Narcolepsy and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Concerta medication
Why It Is Used?
It is basically intended to treat people who are suffering from ADHD and Narcolepsy. Generic Concerta benefits include increased concentration, focus and motivation, and improvement in learning and memory.
It is available in four different forms;
Before starting the medication
- Before you start taking Concerta 54 mg, tell your healthcare provider if you: have any other serious condition or if you have had a severe allergic reaction to this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you have high blood pressure, severe high blood pressure or a heart problem, glaucoma, overactive thyroid, severe anxiety, tension, a family history of heart disease or sudden death, Tourette’s syndrome, heart problems or a congenital heart defect, agitation, seizures, an abnormal brain wave test, epilepsy or problems with the stomach, oesophagus or intestines.
- If you have used MAO inhibitors like; phenelzine, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, linezolid, methylene blue injection, and tranylcypromine in the last 14 days, inform your doctor about it.
- Inform if you are taking any medicines for migraine headaches, serious infections, depression, mental illness, Parkinson’s disease, or prevention of vomiting and nausea or if you are using other opioid medications, herbs or vitamins.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before taking Concerta 54 mg generic pill.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother and your newborn baby has symptoms like agitation, reduced weight gain, sleep problems, or feeding problems. Concerta medication
Steps to Use It
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed.
- Please read the patient information that comes with your medicine carefully before you start using it.
- It needs to be taken by mouth with or without food.
- Do not exceed 54 mg of Concerta or take it more frequently than once daily. Avoid crushing, chewing or breaking it.
- This treatment may include counselling and a regular check-up of the height and weight of the child(If using this medicine).
- Never share or use this medication for other conditions unless your doctor tells you to.
- People who have an allergy or a history of asthma, bronchitis or another breathing condition should not take it.
- An excessive amount of misuse can cause overdose or severe Concerta 54 mg side effects.
- It is a habit-forming medicine and can become an addiction in regular use also, so be careful while using it.
- Be sure to notify your doctor immediately if you experience any unusual feelings with Concerta 54 mg.
- At a point, your doctor may change the amount of the dose to get good results.
- Avoid buying Concerta 54 mg online without a prescription.
- Store the tablet in a safe place away from children, heat, moisture and rain.
- Disposal of the used medicine should be done properly. Concerta medication
What needs to be avoided?
- Don’t drink alcohol while taking Concerta 54 mg pill, it may cause drowsiness and unsteadiness.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything that contains caffeine.
- Do not smoke, it may further decrease your ability to concentrate and make it more difficult for you to pay attention.
- Avoid exercising for at least 24 hours before or after taking Concerta.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery works until you know how this medicine will affect your body.
What other drugs will affect Concerta 54 mg?
There are many herbal products, vitamins, and opioid medicines which may cause severe side effects if get interacts with Concerta 54 mg. Avoid using;
- blood pressure medication
- a blood thinner – warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven
- seizure medication
- cold or allergy medications that contain decongestants
- an antidepressant
- If you are using any medicines for Parkinson’s disease, migraine headaches, serious infections, depression, mental illness, or prevention of vomiting and nausea
- Fruit juice, and beverages containing caffeine and alcohol.
- It should not be used together with other medicines that contain methylphenidate (such as Ritalin or Focalin). Some side effects may happen, including high blood pressure, fast heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest pain and seizure (convulsions).
Negative Concequences of Concerta 54 mg
It’s important to remember that like other drugs, Concerta also can cause side effects. Those side effects may be common and may be severe in different cases.
- Signs of circulation problems – pain, cold feeling, numbness, unexplained wounds, or skin colour changes (pale, red, or blue appearance) in your fingers or toes
- Signs of psychosis – new behaviour problems, aggression, hostility, paranoia, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real)
- Signs of heart problems – trouble breathing, chest pain, feeling like you might pass out
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer
- Mood changes
- Increased blood pressure
- Feeling nervous or irritable
- Trouble sleeping
- Pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest
- Fast heart rate
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
In case you are experiencing any of the above symptoms do contact your doctor immediately.
Concerta 54 mg High dose
Overdose on Concerta can be fatal. Its high-dose use symptoms include;
- a fast heart rate
- high blood pressure
- high blood pressure
- muscle twitches
- rapid breathing
- dilated pupils
- muscle pain or weakness
- fast or pounding heartbeats
- pounding in your neck or ears
- dry mouth
- feeling light-headed
These symptoms usually begin only if the medication is taken for a long time and in higher than recommended doses. In addition to these effects, some people may find that they experience vivid dreams and an unusual urge to move their limbs uncontrollably while using this medicine.