Strattera 100 mg | Description On Strattera 100 mg
- Strattera 100 mg contains the active ingredient atomoxetine, which works by increasing the amount of acetylcholine available at the nerve endings in the brain. It is used to treat ADHD symptoms such as difficulty paying attention, fidgety behaviour, hyperactivity (increased nervousness), forgetfulness, restlessness, or excessive talking.
- It belongs to the family of atypical selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs) and is also used to treat adults with major depressive disorder (MDD), generalized anxiety disorder, or social anxiety disorder.
- This medicine is intended to be used in adults and children who are at least 6 years old.
- Strattera affects brain chemicals that impact mood and feelings.
- Take Strattera 100 mg two times a day at the same time every day to get a good result. Follow your doctor’s advice for more information.
- It is not recommended for use as a Strattera 100 mg weight loss medication or in people under 18 years of age without the prior consent of a healthcare professional.
What your doctor needs to know before you start using Strattera 100 mg?
- This is so important to inform your doctor about all your prescriptions, including over-the-counter drugs, daily herbal supplements, vitamins, antidepressants and opioid medicines.
- Tell your doctor if you have taken MAOs in the last 14 days. Interaction of MAO inhibitors, including; phenelzine, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, linezolid, methylene blue injection, and tranylcypromine can cause negative effects.
- Your doctor should know about all your health conditions. Inform, if you have or had; narrow-angle glaucoma, high blood pressure, a family history of heart disease or sudden death, anxiety disorder, mental illness, bipolar disorder, severe heart or blood vessel problems, heart problems or a congenital heart defect or pheochromocytoma (tumour of the adrenal gland).
- Inform if any member of your family has; low blood pressure, depression, mental illness, bipolar disorder, psychosis, suicidal thoughts or actions and liver disease.
Who should not use this medicine?
- Don’t take it if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this medicine.
- A pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother should avoid using it.
- It is not recommended for patients with high blood pressure, diabetes, severe hypertension, asthma, depression, hyperthyroidism, patients with a history of peptic ulcers or gastritis and patients with heart disorders.
- Avoid using it if you are addicted to alcohol or if you have a history of Drug addiction.
- Do not take it if you have taken MAO phenelzine, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, linezolid, methylene blue injection, and tranylcypromine in the last 14 days.
- It is not allowed to use by someone who is under 6 years old.
What do you need to avoid while using it?
- Do not take any other medication while taking Strattera.
- Avoid storing it in a refrigerator.
- Remember not to use other herbs, antidepressants, antibiotics, opioids, vitamins or medicines which may cause a risk of side effects if get interacts with Strattera 100 mg.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, it may cause an overdose of this medicine, or serious harmful side effects or death.
- Do not smoke, it may decrease your ability to concentrate and make it more difficult for you to pay attention.
- Do not drink grapefruit juice and avoid beverages which contain caffeine; tea and coffee.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery works until you know how this medicine will affect your body.
- Avoid misusing it by injecting it into the vein and make sure not to share this medicine with others.
- Do not stop or lower your dosage suddenly without permission. Stopping suddenly can cause serious withdrawal symptoms like; vomiting, dizziness, fainting; diarrhoea or constipation, rash, itching, insomnia or sleep problems.
What are the Strattera 100 mg side effects that you may face while using it?
There are some common and severe side effects that you may experience while using Strattera.
Common side effects are– Vomiting, constipation, feeling tired, upset stomach, Impotence, dry mouth, Nausea, trouble having an erection, Insomnia, Vomiting, mood changes, and loss of appetite.
Severe side effects are– dark urine, jaundice, trouble breathing, chest pain, feeling like you might pass out, erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours, new behaviour problems, aggression, and hallucinations.
What is the procedure to store it?
- Stored at room temperature and protected from rain and light.
- This medicine must be kept in its original container, as well as protected from moisture, and excess heat.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of pets and children. It must not be given to anyone else even if their symptoms seem the same as yours.
- The disposal of this medicine should be done properly.
- Flush the used, expired or broken tablet to reduce the risk of misuse.
Atomoxetine is likewise called Strattera. This prescription is fundamentally utilized by grown-ups and youngsters who are enduring ADHD. Individuals cause compound responses inside the cerebrums and nerves, so to control such illness you really want to take Strattera meds to control your impulse and hyperactivity. Try not to take an excessive amount of medication as it might build a high danger of self-destructive considerations in kids/teenagers.
Side Effects of Strattera:
If you feel any diseases given below that includes, stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, constipation, tiredness, loss of appetite, dry mouth, dizziness, drowsiness, trouble sleeping, or decrease in sexual ability, difficulty urinating, unusually fast/irregular heartbeat, fainting, numbness/tingling, dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting/loss of appetite, stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, and even allergies. In women, menstrual cramps or missed/irregular periods, etc.
Attempt to contact your PCP/master whenever out of luck. Assuming there are other such illnesses which are not referenced in the above list so straight away contact your so that there is no problem in your body and chances may increase to cure your disease.
Precautions of Strattera:
Prescriptions to be taken as prescribed as it given by trained professional so whenever you feel any issue inside your body just associate with your essential consideration doctor and let them in on everything in an indisputable manner as hiding from them and taking a misguided meds can cause contamination’s which may not be helpful for your Hypersensitivities can likewise happen and there ought to be a legitimate treatment for it as there shouldn’t be any issue.
Many individuals don’t get any such illness while taking it however few people take glut, avoid their medication and here and there don’t take, for those individuals who have jumble like this should be taken legitimate consideration and ought to be given medication in front of relatives.
How should an individual take Strattera?
This medicine should be taken twice a day, one in the morning and second dose to be taken late afternoon, just follow doctor’s instructions. Always take a medicine on time and with a full glass of water or you can even take it while having food or not, yet don’t pulverize, bite, break, or open this container as opposed to simply gulping down the entire case.
Keeping the meds in room temperature and away from the kids’ while makes them addicted to it because of certain elements that are not good for their health. Do go for a regular checkup and try not to skip as it can make your treatment slower and may be certain medicines won’t work on your body disease.